|White rot : Infected plants are covered with white mycelium and black sclerotia are formed in them. Quality of pods is affected. Later on, whole plant dries up. Plants start rotting and lodge.
||1. Burn all plant debris after harvest.
2. Follow crop rotation with wheat/barley and never with.
3. Follow proper spacing between row to row and plant to plant.
4. Avoid excessive irrigation from preflowering stage onwards.
5. Stake medium to tall varieties.
6. Avoid injury to the stem during picking.
7. Treat seed with Bavistin @ 25 g/kg seed.
8. Spray Bavistin (0.05%) from pre-flowering stage onwards.